Wednesday, September 5, 2012

NYSE and Dress Preview

Tomorrow is the day that the Steuben Parade Committee goes to the New York Stock Exchange to ring the opening bell.  In case you didn't catch that link, here it is again:  http://www.nyse.com/events/1346841243068.html

It also has a link to watch live at 9:29am - please do!  I'm really excited about this and I'll be up on the platform. It'll be a tight morning, and I'll be going straight back to school for my afternoon and evening classes right after, so if I fall asleep in class, I hope someone nudges me awake.  My morning class professor seemed excited for me and forgiving of me missing his class for this.  I'm sure this will be a once in a lifetime experience.

Tomorrow is also the debut of my and Kirsten's gowns.  For anyone reading this, I thought I'd be nice and put up a preview of the gown.  I'm also just really excited because this is the fanciest dress I've had since senior prom and it's really pretty.

I especially like this picture because my cat is sprawled out in the background

So, in summary, watch the NYSE bell ringing opening tomorrow.  I'll be easy to spot - I'll be the one in the blue gown with the sash and tiara!

No comments:

Post a Comment