Sunday, May 20, 2012

If at first you don't succeed...

My name is Elise and you might know me from my other blog, The Crafty German.

Now, as of yesterday's crowning ceremony, you will also know me as one of the Steuben Princesses for the 55th annual NYC Steuben Parade in 2012!

With my brother and parents post-crowning.  I'm a Princess!
(As a 90's child, it's hard to resist the urge to say "Pretty, Pretty Princess")


This is my second year trying for the crown.  Last year, I was an "ambassador", and I got to ride on another float with one of the other girls who was an ambassador.  I was crushed, but the girls who were crowned as Queen (Denise) and Princesses (Susanne and Christina) last year deserved it and did an amazing job in their positions.  They laugh it off when I tell them, but we'll have big shoes to fill!

This year, I tried again and was up against 5 other young women at the Bierhaus in NYC.  After they called the first princess, I realized I was either going to be the other Princess or even the Queen!  I knew I'd be getting a crown regardless.  Though I will admit that I was a little disappointed that I was not crowned Queen, I  was very excited that I will be part of the court this year.  I had tears in my eyes because I was sad for those leaving the court, sad for the girls who didn't get crowned (especially because I know how that feels), and proud of myself for what I had accomplished.

This year's court includes: Kirsten (the Queen), Kyra (the other Princess), Emilie (Junior Princess), Heidi (Junior Princess), Sophia (Junior Princess), Brooke (Junior Princess), and Lukas (Junior General).  The Junior Princesses and Junior General are nothing short of adorable.  Half of the fun will be seeing them enjoy the experience.

The Ambassadors this year are Kerilyn, Elicia, and Charlotte.  I hope that we see all of them at various events through the year, and especially at the parade in September!  I know the judges must have had a difficult decision since everyone was such an awesome candidate.

Though I won't be Miss German-America (the Queen) this year, I still want to share my experience in blog form.  I couldn't be more excited for this honor and I will do my best to do the role justice.

The 2011-2012 court

The Queen sandwiched between the Princesses

The entire new court!  More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment